Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Orleans Fun

I don't know what happened but I have become such a blog slacker this month! Don't worry, I will try to get caught up!

My wonderful husband let me play "mommy hooky" for a few days and I took off for New Orleans with three of the girls in my book club. (we were so sad that 3 others stayed home). We had SO MUCH FUN!!

When our plane landed, we checked into the hotel and then headed straight to Cafe Du Monde. What better way to start the trip than beignets and cafe au lait! (I must confess that this was not our only stop at this restaurant during the trip....yummo)
Emily, Mandy, and Krystal enjoying beignets.
We spent time walking around the French Market.
We took a carriage ride around the French Quarter.
We spent some time in Jackson Square....all in the first day!
We went to Bayona for dinner and it was AMAZING!
Look at the size (thickness) or my pork chop! And the desserts were to die for!

We started the next day with brunch at Brennan's....original home of Bananas Foster....so of course that is what we had to order!

We then took the trolley over to the Garden district to tour some of the homes over there. They were gorgeous!

We had a wonderful time and I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with all these girls. It was great!
I really missed my kiddos but daddy did a great job watching them. I bought Kenna a Mardi Gras mask...what do you think?




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! It's amazing what you can see in a day when you don't have kids trailing behind you! :)

Unknown said...

Your pictures turned out really cute too!

It was a blast hanging out with you 3!

Amy said...

I LOVE the mask. HA HA HA

Abbe said...

so glad y'all had so much fun. can't wait to hear more!