Monday, August 27, 2012

A Day of Firsts

Today was a big day for our family!!
 
1 - My big girl started school today!!  Kenna is officially going to pre-k.  She was soooo excited and has been "counting sleeps" for at least two weeks.  She is going to do a Dual Language Program and I think that this is a really cool opportunity for her.  Hopefully, she will catch on to everything quickly and learn to speak Spanish fluently!
I tried to get her to write her name on the sign, but the marker she used was too thin.  Oh well, I know what it says! :)
Dane really thought he needed to go to school with his KK.  He tried to confiscate her lunchbox.
 I think one of Kenna's favorite parts of going to school was getting to pick out a lunchbox and backpack.  Believe me, she took this job very seriously!  
 Once again, Dane was trying to walk off with her lunch. :)
 I love the fact that Daniel made arrangements to come in late to work so he could come too....I think this pic is sooo cute.
 We had to take the obligatory photo in front of the school sign.  Kenna said that she couldn't open her eyes because the sun would shine into them.
 As soon as we walked into the room, Kenna hung up her backpack and ran to show her Daddy and brother that they had some really neat things to play with in her classroom.
 A picture with her teacher, Mrs. Avila.
The only person who cried when we dropped Kenna off was Dane - he was most upset that he didn't get to stay!  Kenna was already playing with her new friends!
 
2 - Mommy went back to work and Kamryn went to stay with Ms. Tara!  We are so blessed to have a daycare provider who truly loves our children.  Kenna was at Ms. Tara's for 2.5 yrs, Dane has been there since he was born, and now Kamryn is joining the crew!  It sounds like they had a wonderful day and Kamryn is going to fit right into things at Ms. Tara's house!
 
3 - Kamryn didn't cry when I gave her a bath!  This is a very serious milestone....she may not be smiling, but she is not wailing so I will take that as a huge step in the right direction!!
When all was said and done, everyone had an excellent day.  But, whew, I have been dreading this day for weeks!  So glad that it went as well as it did!  I can't wait to see what happens over the next few months!

No comments: