Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pre-K Musical Performance

Last night was Kenna's first school "performance" and it was so much fun!  They have been practicing at school for a while now and we have gotten a little preview of the songs as Kenna would also sing them at home.  But put all of these kids together and it was adorable!!  Kenna has been counting down for several days and could not wait for all of us to come watch her perform.  I didn't start recording in time to hear the lead teacher give her introduction, but it was a good warning.  She talked about how everything that the pre-k does is with music.  They practice numbers, alphabets, rhyming, calendars, etc. with songs.  She said they sing a lot and they sing LOUD....and they do!  So here is a 10 min video of the 4 songs that they sang.  I don't expect everyone to want to watch it all (except for maybe some family members) but it is pretty funny. Daniel and I think it gets funnier every time that we watch it, but it is probably only funny to us. :) Don't ask me what Kenna is doing in the middle of the crocodile song.....I don't know.  And sorry for some movement here and there.  I was trying to be as still as possible but sometimes you just have to laugh!  I am so excited that this is just the beginning of these types of activities!  As we were leaving last night, Kenna looked at me and said "Mommy, I think I want to be a music teacher when I grow up."  I asked why and she replied "Because I am so good at school and so good at music, silly!"


No comments: