Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bookshelves

When we moved into our house 2.5 years ago, we started talking about putting some bookshelves in the office. Of course, for the past 2.5 years, this is exactly what our office has looked like!
We have had a really hard time finding any bookshelves that looked tall enough with the big vaulted ceiling. After looking and striking out, we decided to have some book shelves built-in. The cabinet makers came a few weeks ago and the stain/paint guys left yesterday.
And here is our "final" product.....

They even built a desk to match the bookshelves.


We still have to replace the floor (it is just concrete right now....remember the wood floor we bought several years ago...yep, going in here) and put the baseboards back on (they have been hanging out in the garage) but we are definitely making progress!

I have always wanted a red room, now I just have to convince my hubby that it is not too bright! I can't wait to put the finishing touches on things!




7 comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

Looks great!! I love the red too!

Unknown said...

Man, Casey would LOVE those. It's exactly what he's always wanted in our office (me too). They look great!

Kaitlin said...

I love it. I think everyone should have at least one red room in their house.

Leslye said...

Looks great! I love the red room!

Hollye said...

The bookshelves are beautiful! I cannot wait to see them... and ya'll too!!

Abbe said...

They look sooo good! Glad you are done with the fumes!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Now, one of you needs to start working at home to take full advantage of that space!