Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kenna-isms

Okay, I know I have been a horrible blogger recently and, while I still do not have pictures, I will at least fill you in on some of Kenna's more recent comments.

-As she was picking up her blocks yesterday, she was praising herself every time she dropped a block in the bag - "Good job Kenna."

-She is becoming very independent and wants to do it all by herself. When she wants to do it, she says "Kenna do you." Apparently that means Kenna do it.

-Kenna and I were playing blocks the other night. I guess I put the block in the wrong spot because she looked at me and said "No ma'am Mommy."

-She loves to sit in her booster seat in the living room floor. She will set herself up with a drink and a snack and will play, read, or watch TV while she relaxes in her chair. I will try to get a picture of this soon...too cute!

-Kenna has convinced her daddy to give her peanuts and she absolutely loves them. The problem is that when she asks for them it comes out like "kleenex." Yesterday she told me she wanted "Kleenex on her monkey plate" and then took them to the above mentioned booster seat.

-She loves to listen to songs on the radio. For some reason with me, she always wants to listen to her kids song CDs but will listen to the radio with Daniel. Her favorite song right now is "Imma be" by the Black-eyed Peas (she also likes "Down down down" and "na na na na - replay"). If any of her favorite songs come on she will immediately say "Daddy finger"which means he needs to start snapping his fingers.

-She loves to sing "Ring around the Rosie" and "Wheels on the bus." These are her two favorite songs to sing when we are playing in the living room.

-She doesn't really understand about the new baby yet. Anytime we ask about Baby Dane, she starts singing "baa baa black sheep".... you know - one for the master and one for the dame. Makes sense in her world, but she may be a little disappointed when he is actually a baby instead of a sheep.

-Occasionally when she drops something, she will respond with "oh man!"

- Kenna has discovered how great presents can be. She loves getting mail and thinks anything that comes in as a package or large envelope is for her. Even when I come in from the grocery store, she starts asking for a "Kenna pesent" hoping that she has a present in all of those sacks.


We are loving this stage in her life! She definitely keeps us laughing!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so cute...you will be glad you wrote them down. By the way, Ethan LOVES the Imma Be song!

Stace said...

Aww..thanks for the update. I like to tell Andrew what Kenna is up to, so he knows what we have to look forward to in a year or so!

Stacy

Leslye said...

Fun fun!

Jodi said...

Too cute!!!
It was great to see and chat with you yesterday!
(Too bad Conner had to be sick - but I had fun. :)

You look great!

Hey check out my blog - a cute give away going on!

Unknown said...

I am convinced that we need to be using the video camera more at this age! However, whenever I turn the video camera on, all the cute little things "go away" as the girls become transfixed on the camera. Very cute!