Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kenna's First Haircut and My Solo Trip to Muleshoe

My Mom's birthday was yesterday and it had been too long since we had made a trip to Muleshoe so I decided that it was time for a visit! Daniel is doing much better but was still not up to an almost 7 hour car ride (one-way) so I got brave and went on my own.

We were an hour into our trip and both of my kiddos were sleeping away in the cloudy weather.
I got a little too cocky and took pictures of how well our trip was going. Of course, that meant that they both woke up not too long after that. Well, actually, Dane woke up and then his fussing woke his sister. After that they were both up for the remainder of the drive. Dane slept a total of 40 minutes and Kenna slept for about an hour. Not at all what I was planning on! Luckily, Kenna remained completely entertained with the DVD player and her snacks. Dane required a little more attention but, overall, he wasn't too bad. His fussing actually got me out of a ticket (I think) when I got to stop and chat with the nice man who said I was driving a little too fast. Dane was wailing by the time he came up to the window so I think he gave me a break! I definitely slowed down after that... :)
We pulled into Muleshoe and drove to my sister-in-law's new hair salon. She and her partners recently moved locations and it was fun to see what they have started doing to the new place! We got there in time to surprise my mother, who had no idea that we were coming. She was getting her hair done and sat up to see me and my two kids standing there....I love surprises!!
Even though Kyla had already been working all day and it was after 7, she was nice enough to give Kenna her first haircut....ever! I can't believe that she is over 2.5 years old and has never had a haircut. You can blame her daddy for that one. He was still not too thrilled with the idea but made me promise not to cut it too short and to not give her bangs!
I did a good job and didn't even cry! Kenna loved pointing out all the colors on her cape to her Poppy.
She was so still and cooperative! I wasn't sure how she would react but she did really well.
"The Men" - watching all the hair drama...(Cade/Dane, Dad/Anson)

I loved the grin on Dane's face in this one!

Kenna loved the way her hair turned out. On Monday morning, after we were back home, she told me that I didn't need to brush her hair at all because "Kywa already made it pretty!"
I was really happy with the way it turned out!
On Saturday, we spent the day hanging out at my parents house and going to look at Cade and Kyla's new home...fun, fun!

Dane got some sweet cuddling in with his great-grandmother.
And this is what happens when Uncle Cade finds out that his two nieces are supposed to be taking a nap on Poppy and Mimzi's bed....he has to go get them all riled up! Just wait Cade...you will have kids of your own someday!!! :)
As one of the main reasons for our trip, Kenna and Abbye were more than happy to help Mimzi blow out her candles. They did a great job!!!
The trip home was much better than on the way up there. Kenna still only slept for about an hour but that seems to be her sleeping limit in the car seat. Dane, on the other hand, slept for over 3 hours! We were all very glad to get out of the car when we got home.
Overall, it was a great adventure!!!


1 comment:

Supermom-In-Training said...

What an adventure!! I'm glad you all made it back and forth safe and sound. I love Kenna's little haircut!!