Monday, July 25, 2011

Family Vacay - Part 1

This past weekend, we were so blessed to get to spend some time with my family in San Antonio. We met up with my parents, my sister and fam, and my brother and his wife for some fun in the sun and Sea World. It was so much fun to get to take some time all together and just play! Everyone was there for three nights and then our family stayed for two more nights for a little family time of our own. I took tons of pics....so get ready for some picture overload!! :) I am going to do this in two parts - I already tried to just do one big long post and it froze up my blogger acct so here is attempt #2 - The first part is of San Antonio and of our hotel. The second post is all things Sea World.

We started the trip with a visit to the Riverwalk. For as long as I can remember, everytime that my family has gone to SA, we have had dinner at Casa Rio on the riverwalk....yummy! It is was as good as usual. Kenna spent her time waiting for our food to arrive by trying to talk to one of the ducks. I'm pretty sure that was not on the list of approved activities! :) After dinner, we took a ride on the river boats - a Riverwalk must!



My 3 sweeties (or sweaties...it was so HOT!!)


Just thought this picture was funny. One night after bath time, I found Dane just hanging out on the stroller. I had kept the last half of Kenna's sandwich from dinner in case she wanted it before bed, but I guess Dane found it first....and made himself comfortable! This became his go-to seat. He loved it there! One afternoon, we actually got to enjoy a beautiful hard rain shower! This was the view out my hotel room door as Dane was napping. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon - sleeping baby, rain outside, and a good book (K and Daddy had been swimming)!



My kids absolutely loved the hotel where we stayed - it was a great vacation spot for families! Because of the rain, there was not much anyone could do outside so the hotel set up some indoor activities for the kids. Kenna was so proud of the necklace that she made with beads - and has worn it every day since!


Daddy and Dane hanging out in the lobby while Kenna and I were working on her necklace.


My brother making himself comfortable.

Our family picture - after it stopped raining for a little bit - a little humid outside!


The whole clan...too bad the girls aren't looking up! On the days that we were not at Sea World, we loved staying and playing at the pool. The hotel had a lazy river that was complete with a beach...my kids were in heaven! Dane would often make himself comfortable so that he could have a snack.


Family "train" led by Kenna down the lazy river. (Daddy was standing on the bridge)


Dane LOVED playing in the sand...even if Daddy was covering him up!


He thought it was so much fun that he decided to do it all by himself....




And what better way to end the day, then taking a two second walk across the sand to the fire pit and roasting marshmallows so that everyone can enjoy an evening s'more (one of Mommy's favorite parts....yum)










Definitely a fun place to stay and we were not really ready to leave. Keep reading for some Sea World Fun!




3 comments:

Leslye said...

Great post and looks like a great time! Getting ready for Part 2!

The Bynum's said...

Looks like a great time! What a fun family vacation for your entire family.Where were you staying?

Abbe said...

What a fun trip! I so want to go to that hotel next time we brave Sea World!