Thursday, September 8, 2011

Spontaneous Road Trip

In general, I am not a very spontaneous person.  I really like to have things planned and organized and very rarely do I do anything on the spur of the moment. Boring, I know! :)  But this past Thursday night, I decided to break out of my comfort zone.  Daniel was going to work two of the days of the holiday weekend so the kids and I took off and drove to Muleshoe on Friday when I got off work.  Even though my children did not sleep in the car (as usual), they were GREAT travelers!  They just talked, sang, watched movies, snacked....it was wonderful!  We had a blast just hanging out with the family and doing nothing.  Abbye came to play for a few days as well and the girls had a lot of fun together.
Poppy reading a bed time story.....they look pretty comfortable, don't they?
This is what happens when you have really cute, curly hair that your mother hasn't let anyone cut yet and your Aunt is a hair stylist....she couldn't help herself!  Blame Kyla! :)
The new way to swing?
This is how you know your uncle Cade and aunt Kyla love you....they play on the slides with you!
Wheeeee!!!!!
Kenna loved ending the day everyday with her "friend Abbye"...getting all cozy and watching Mickey Mouse in Poppy and Mimzi's bed (before they got kicked out to their own)

 Not a bad way to spend the holiday weekend!  Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us crash at your house for the weekend!

3 comments:

Janice Marie said...

Loved it, you are Awesome!

Courtney said...

Haha looks like a lot of fun!! But I think Cade and Kyla were enjoying the slides as much as the kids! haha!! And poor little Daners...she could have at least put a blue bow in his hair! haha!! Love those kids!

Lindsay said...

Fun!