Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cravings

Before I got pregnant, I would listen to people talk about what they craved when they were pregnant and think it was just an excuse to get to eat whatever the wanted. I mean, really, is there truly a pregnancy craving?

And then it was my turn.....

For most of the first and second trimester, all I wanted to eat was macaroni and cheese. Not a gourmet kind either....good old Wal-mart brand, boxed, mac and cheese. Daniel does 95% of the cooking in our house (I know....how great is that!) and almost every night he would make macaroni and cheese to go along with whatever else he was cooking. What a sweetie!! Of course, it was his "job" to get me to eat the meat before filling up on cheesy noodles. (If you know my husband, you also know how much of a meat guy he is...apparantly, it is all about the protein). Poor guy, I know he had to have gotten really tired of mac and cheese!!

I am still enjoying it occassionally, but I am not 'craving' it like before. I have moved on to bigger and better things....chocolate milk. This one is probably Dan's fault. We stopped at a gas station a few weeks ago and he was going to run in and grab something to drink while we were filling up. He asked what he could get me and I told him to surprise me. He came back with chocolate milk and the rest is history!! I stopped on the way to church this morning just to buy some chocolate milk to drink on the way....and it has to be the premade kind. Hershey's syrup mixed into milk will just not work.

I am looking forward to seeing what else pops up....I have recently started thinking more about vanilla milkshakes....I haven't given in.....yet!

What did you crave when you were pregnant?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

with Ava- french fries
with Nate- gummy bears
with Lucas- cheetos

Not so healthy, I know!
The funny thing is that I can take or leave any of those now, but at the time, I obsessed over them and couldn't wait to eat as many as possible.

Brooke said...

Like Becky, I craved Cheetos too! Interesting to see that each of her pregnancies brought forth different cravings.

Supermom-In-Training said...

For me, it was chocolate ice cream. I got creative with it too - it could be in milkshake form or sundae form. I always used the excuse of needing lots of calcium to justify my craving!!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

UMMMMM! My craving was meat, steak to be exact. I wanted steak and steamed veggies. They had to be steamed. The smell or taste of chicken (cooked any way) would do me in and salads were the same, but loved me some steamed veggies!

Amberly said...

With Nicholas it was vine ripe tomatoes sliced up & salted. I would eat 4 or 5 at a time! My mom brought me a bunch that her neighbor had grown in his garden & I think I finished the entire bag in one week! I used to visit the Farmer's Market in Plano every weekend just to stock up on those yummy tomatoes! Mmmmm!!!

Dara said...

Emma - Velveeta Shells and Cheese
Ellie Beth - ice cream

Still like both just fine!

Lynn Leaming said...

Just wanted to assure you I don't mind reading about the pregnancy journey at all. It helps me to know all of you so much better. Interesting cravings.

Carolyn said...

thumbprint cookies!

Glaziersgirl said...

I craved fountain cokes but it had to be with crushed ice, not the cubes!

Becky H said...

I loved chocolate milk too! But I was a mix it yourself girl...Hersey's syrup and skim milk!!!