Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fun weekend!

Whew!!
What a fun, busy weekend!!
I left Thursday night to fly home to see my family for the weekend. It was really nice to take an extra day off at work and make it a long weekend...it is amazing how much longer it seems like you get to stay when you have just one extra day!

Daniel left on Thursday to go with 6 other guys on "Guy Trip"....which is a yearly ski trip tradition so I decided to spend the time with my fam. The timing worked out really well because today was my Dad's birthday and my sister's baby shower.

I spent most of the weekend either hanging out at my parents in Muleshoe or my sister's house in Lubbock. It was also homecoming weekend at LCU, which is where my sister and a lot of other cousins went to school, so we spent some time at their activities as well.

Today was a fast, busy day.....Church, lunch for Dad's b-day, Amy's shower, and then a plane ride home....

So much fun seeing all of the family though!! Due to doctor induced travel restrictions for both of us, this will probably be the last time Amy and I see each other before our little girls get here!

Here are some pics from today....
Dad at the restaurant

My grandmothers at the shower (yes, they are wearing the same jacket...see if I ever buy them the same thing for Christmas again...who would've thought the would wear them on the same day...)

Amy and Abbye

Me and my sis

Mom, Amy, and I at the shower

5 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Glad you had a safe trip and a good weekend. So sweet that you and your sister are pregnant at the same time.
Can't wait until your shower. I asked Mandy about it the other day because I would have been glad to host it, but she said Krystal beat me too it. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

The shower goodies looked great! How fun that you got to be with your family this weekend and go to your sister's shower!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

You both look so good. Are you feeling good? Hope all is going well!

Hollye said...

We enjoyed the weekend with you so much! You and Amy are beautiful. We loved having you here. Love you!

Kristi said...

We missed you here, but it looks like you had a great time!! I really think it is neat that your sister and you are able to share this time being pregnant!!