Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Muleshoe Memories

This past weekend, Kenna and I made a quick trip to Muleshoe to stay in my childhood home once last time. My parents are moving into a new house "in town" and are leaving our house out on the farm. I am very excited for them and can't wait for them to get settled in the new house, but I am also a little sad that they are leaving our old house!

We had a great trip and Kenna did really well on the flight there. We spent the day Saturday playing, resting, and looking around their new house. I can't believe they will be moving in just a few weeks! (I also can't believe that I didn't take any pictures of the current house....guess I will have to took back through my old pics...I know there are some somewhere!!) Miss K has always loved their new house. Even when it was just in the framing stages, she would run through all of the framed walls, just having fun. Just because the house is finished doesn't change that any at all....she kept playing and playing! She convinced her Uncle Cade to show her how to open the windows and then he sat her out onto the back porch and she took off! She loved being able to run and run.
Abbye and Kenna both had fun playing in the new 'backyard.'


Can you see the tiny hot pink speck in the distance and the lighter colored pink speck following behind (but a little closer to the camera)? That would be Kenna running from her Mommy (because she thought it was funny....she was giggling like crazy!) and Abbye trying to catch her. My sister took the picture from the back porch. I'm the one going after them both. Those two are definitely going to get into some trouble in the future!


Sunday was my mom's birthday and we spent the day celebrating before we had to come back home...and I didn't take any pictures of that either (I didn't do a very good job with the camera apparently!).
Kenna did great on the flight home as well...especially considering our flight was extended by quite a bit! Because of weather/heavy rain in the Dallas area, we ended up circling in the air for about 15-20 min before being diverted to Oklahoma City for fuel. We were lucky and were able to refuel and take right back off toward Love Field, but that still meant that our flight that was supposed to land at 5:05 actually got to Dallas around 6:45. Thank goodness my daughter is a good flier!! She just sat in my lap, ate animal crackers, and read books the entire time.
Thanks everyone for a great weekend!

No comments: