Monday, November 23, 2009

Tree Lighting

Saturday evening we joined Jon, Mandy, and JD for Santa's arrival and the lighting of the tree at the Village of Allen. I was surprised they were having it this early, but we really enjoyed the beautiful weather. The organizers had several craft tables set up for the kiddos, complete with face painting, etc., but there were SOOOO many people there! Our little ones were not going to be too interested in waiting in line so we worked our way up to see the reindeer before taking a break for dinner. Kenna thought the reindeer was pretty cool.
After eating, we went back out to watch Santa turn on the lights for the Christmas Tree. Kenna was absolutely amazed at all the lights. I kept trying to get her to look down at me from her perch on her Daddy's shoulders, but that meant she was taking too much time away from the tree!There was also Christmas music playing and the lights were blinking in time with the music. JD and Kenna danced together for a little while, but I was too slow to get the pictures.JD thought it was pretty neat too! I loved how excited he was in this picture!This was the best group shot I could get of the kiddos and their daddy's.... I love the holiday season and I am so excited that we get to celebrate Thanksgiving in just a few days....can't wait!!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Very cute pictures. I love the read coat!