Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting Ready for Dane

We have spent a lot of time this weekend trying to get all the loose ends tied up so we will be ready for Dane Oliver to come into this world. We finished up his nursery (At least for now. I still need to find some things for some of the walls). I have all of the little newborn clothes and diapers ready to go. We washed and put the car seats back together. They are just sitting in the hall waiting to go in the car. And now we are just waiting on a baby to join our family in a few short days! I got the camera out to take pictures to post of Dane's room and discovered that our camera is broken. Ugggh!! :( Guess we need to add that to our 'to-do' list this week.

I think Kenna is as ready as a two-year-old can be when it comes to welcoming a new baby. She talks about Dane a lot now and knows that some of the stuff in the house is now for him. She loves to point to the cabinet with the bottles and tell me that Dane's bottle are in there. She has also started calling the crib "Dane's Bed" instead of "my other bed" like it was when she first moved to her big girl bed. She has tried out the car seat in the hall (several times) and has also decided that the bouncy chair is a lot of fun even if it is for Dane. I am sure that we will have some adjusting to do once the baby is actually home but I think she will do great!

May 21st is just around the corner and will be here before we know it. That date already has so much special meaning for us and I am glad that we also get to make it our son's birthday (as long as everything stays according to plan :). Six years ago on May 21st, Daniel asked me to marry him and spend the rest of our lives together. One of the best (and easiest) decisions of my life! May 21, 2005, was the day my Grandfather (Gurr) went to spend his eternity in Heaven. I know he would have loved the fact that Dane will be born on this day. I am so glad that we get to add to the significance of this special day.

So as long as everything goes the way it is scheduled, Dane should be here around 7:30-8 on Friday morning. I can't wait to meet our little boy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, man...I forgot all about having to get the infant car seat out and in the car again! We'll be praying for things to go well on Friday and are so excited for you guys that you get to meet Dane soon!

Supermom-In-Training said...

We are so excited to meet our newest nephew!! We are praying for a smooth arrival and transition into a 2-kid-family fo you guys!

Amy said...

What a great day for Dane to be born. I am just sitting here thinking...instead of getting to be there I will be at playday with 600 elementary kids.

Lindsay said...

Oh we are so excited! Many prayers of blessings coming your way.