Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Weekend Recap

My little family had a fun and busy weekend this past weekend! My cousin, Courtney, and her boyfriend, Tyler, came into town to join me in running the Rock n Roll Half Marathon. We met up Friday afternoon to pick up all our race packets and info. After touring around the exhibits and getting all of our goodies, we all went to eat dinner. Dane LOVED hanging out with Tyler. He kept looking at him and grinning. It was so cute! I didn't order Dane any food because I had brought some baby food with us....but my big boy seems to be getting tired of baby food and wants the real stuff! After polishing off a tub of mangos and then chowing down on cheerios and yogurt melts, he dove into Kenna's cheese quesadillas....and ate, and ate, and ate! He ended up eating more of her dinner than she did! Yea! They finally gave me some real food! I wonder how much of this I can put in my mouth at one time?
Something is going on over there, but I don't want to take this delicious food out of my mouth!
When Kenna saw me taking pictures of Dane and his food, she decided that she needed a picture with her quesadilla as well....but she wouldn't smile while she was doing it! :)

Daniel was going to have to work the day of the race and wasn't able to take off. Because I was going to be down in Dallas so early in the morning, Kenna and Dane had a cousin sleepover with JD and Meg. We all went to dinner together, and then while the guys were at the hockey game, Mandy and I put all of the kids to bed. It actually went better than I was anticipating - even if Miss K decided she needed to stay up until almost 10 whispering - but everybody slept all night and didn't wake up until after 7. I think I would call that at least a minor success!


The race was Sunday morning and was a lot of fun. My goal was to finish in under 2 hours and 30 min and I did it in 2.25 so I was pretty happy. I slowed down a lot more at the end then I had intended, but, I'll take it! It was a goal I had set at the beginning of January so it was nice to say that I had accomplished it! Too bad I didn't have a photographer so I don't really have any pictures.


After I picked up my children from their sleepover, we did some playing at home. Well, to be honest, Mommy mostly sat on the floor and kept the play going....not much moving from me at that point! Kenna was more than happy to smile for the camera that day!
Dane had a lot of fun laughing at his big sister....
....and trying to get the toys she kept holding right out of his reach....little stinker!
And then he saw the camera!
All in all, a great weekend!

2 comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

Dane looks like such a little boy in those first pictures!! We had so much fun taking with Kenna and Dane over the weekend! I'm glad it worked out so we can do it again in the future!

JDM said...

Three things...
1) Way to go on the race ~ that's awesome!
2) I love Kenna's long hair :)
3) I can't believe how old Dane looks in these pics; his eyes are beautiful!

So fun to be able to keep up with your sweet family online!