Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Flying Solo

This past weekend, the kids and I flew out to visit my family. My cousin, Brooke, was having a baby shower on Sunday and I wanted to be there to help shower Brooke and her soon to arrive baby girl, Brodye Shea, with love! Daniel needed to stay home so the kids and I took to the friendly skies!

Kenna has actually flown several times and took her first plane ride when she was only 3 weeks old. The two of us have made the trip from Dallas to Lubbock several times. But this was the first trip for Senor Dane.....and that made it my first trip flying with both of my cute kiddos!


I was a little nervous about getting through security but the man in charge of our line was very helpful and made it a painless process. Dane just enjoyed riding in the stroller and looking at all of the new things! I kinda bribed Kenna with candy....that's okay....you can judge me now! I promised her that if she completely listened and obeyed Mommy then she could have some candy when we got on the plane. She clutched her prized possessions close to her heart!!
She was very excited about flying into "outer space."
Stroller picture fun while waiting to board the plane....

Airport self-portrait...
Kenna was very excited when our plane actually arrived...she wanted to climb right on!

Did you notice her choice of reading materials?

Saturday we had a blast just spending time with the family in Muleshoe. Apparently we wore Dane out! He was too tired to even lay all the way down!!
Kenna got to go on the slides with Aunt Kyla.....
....and play with "Howdy the cow" with Uncle Cade.
Brooke and Brodye had a great shower on Sunday and received lots of goodies, but, of course, I failed to take any pictures!

Now that we got one solo parent flight in the books, I don't think I will be too hesitant to do it again. I had fun with my two little chickadees!


1 comment:

Amy said...

I am glad you came. I wish I could have seen you all more.