Friday, May 2, 2008

First trip to the farm

Kenna and her mommy were both missing the grandparents in Muleshoe so we decided to take a trip to the farm while Daniel stayed home to go to work. Yesterday Kenna went on her very first plane ride - we are already working on those frequent flyer miles!!
She did great on the airplane and slept the entire plane ride. Of course, she worked that pacifier pretty hard when we were going up and coming down. The lady who sat in front of us said that she did not even know that Kenna was on the plane until she got up to leave. I would say that was a successful plane flight!

My dad picked us up at the airport and then we went and spent most of the day with my sister and her daughter, Abbye. I could not believe how big Abbye had gotten! She has really grown and she looks like she is a lot older than Kenna - more than the eight days that she really is. It is hard to tell in this picture though.

We did not tell my mom that we were coming this weekend at all and just showed up at her school about the time classes were letting out. She was VERY surprised and excited. I love surprising people like that!! Mom was glad that she got to show Kenna to some of the people that she works with at school.

Today, we spent a lot of the day at my grandparents' house (Kenna's great-grandparents). My Dad's family all came for lunch and we had a lot of fun. It has been neat to introduce Kenna to people in Muleshoe - this is where I have spent most of my life!! Kenna liked laying on the floor talking to my grandpa. She just talked and talked to him.


We are going back to Lubbock tomorrow and are going to get to see lots of my Mom's family and spend more time with my sister....should be fun!!

3 comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

Fun first trip!! You are brave to do the flight thing by yourself with Kenna! I can't imagine flying with JD without some help!

Lynn Leaming said...

Glad that you got to take Kenna and let other's be blessed by your sweet gift. Hope you have a safe trip home.

Ouida said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. We were hoping and praying that you would. I look forward to seeing you both!