Friday, June 3, 2011

Picnic at the Pool

Since we went to the pool last weekend after Dane's birthday party, my little fish Kenna Beth has realized that the pool is now open and it is hot enough to swim...all the things we have spent all winter telling her explaining why we can't go swimming. So now she wants to go ALL THE TIME but I kinda expected that!

So the other night after work, we had a little picnic at the pool. Daniel and his brother had taken the kids over in the late evening to maybe miss some off the worst of the sun. I stopped on my way home from work and picked up a little Chipotle and met everyone at the pool. Both kids ate everything I gave them....swimming makes you hungry!



Dane is walking all over the place these days and doesn't always look down to see where he is going so we decided a life vest would be a good purchase for him. I will still be his shadow but, if he does manage to walk off the edge into the pool, then at least I know he can pop right up!



Doesn't he look so cute!! :)

And this is how Miss K stays the entire time we are there. She is doing such a great job with swimming all over the place with her floaties. I need to get her in swim lessons, but until then, I know that she will be okay as long as she has her floaties on....she will swim from one side of the pool to the other all by herself!!

I see a few more of these fun evenings happening in our future!!!




No comments: