Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Out of the mouth of babes....

Just thought I would share a funny story from work yesterday. It is amazing what will come out of kid's mouths when you least expect it...

There is a set of twin girls who are almost 7 that come into the office fairly regularly so they know who I am now and are very talkative. Yesterday, the twin who was not sick started filling me in on High School Musical while I was looking at her sister. She was telling me how cute Troy was and how much she liked the movie, etc. Without any questioning, her next statement was....

"well, I know that he is cute but I don't think I will marry him"

My response was just a simple, "oh really?"

She then followed up with her reasoning...

"yeah, because if I get married, it will hurt to have babies and I don't like things to hurt. Do you think having babies hurts worse than getting a shot, because getting a shot hurts! Can I go get a sticker?"

Her mom just looked over at me with her mouth wide, completely shocked and then we both started laughing...what else can you say?

No comments: