Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Class of 1997

We had so much fun!! It was definitely a busy, but very entertaining weekend.

Muleshoe was having their Relay for Life on Friday night, so Dad and I ran out to the track at the high school to see my grandmother and a few other people. Mama had breast cancer surgery about 7-8 years ago. We got out there in time to see the lip sync contest in progress. It was a lot of fun to see Muleshoe people pretending like they were superstars.

Saturday morning started with putt-putt or real golf...depending on your preference. I didn't actually play either, but just sat and talked to several of my friends from high school. We then moved to the old Depot for lunch. The town of Muleshoe was originally started because of the train/depot. There is a historical group that refurbished the Depot as a meeting room and have since moved in several other old farm buildings. It makes a very unique meeting space! We had hamburgers cooked by the boy scouts and then sat and talked for a few more hours.



Saturday night was a dinner, which many more people attended. We were actually at the Country Club for over five hours!! I still talk to several people, but it was really nice to catch up with a few others. There were people there that I had not thought of in several years.


Marthella and I were cheerleaders together in high school and I LOVED her!! It was great to see her and her son (3).




Brandi was one of my BEST friends in high school and I miss her sooo much!!



My sister had come into town for my friend Cari's bridal shower so she and I stayed up until 2 in the morning on Sat/Sun just laying in bed talking. I love my sister!! She also gave me some great pictures she had taken on our trip to CA. I may post more of those later.

This is my favorite picture that she took....I LOVE it!!!


Sunday I flew home to be back at work on Monday. What a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you had a good time!

Lynn Leaming said...

I am envious of small town reunions. I have never been back to my high school reunion. I won't tell you how long ago that was! But there were 872 in my graduating class. I don't know that I even remember any names. Most of my friends went to other schools and were at my youth group at church. I guess we should have a youth group reunion. Glad you had a fun and safe trip.

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Ours is coming up in September and I am so ready for it. I am in charge of most of the activities, so thanks for the great details. Glad that you are back and more so that you had a wonderful time. Catching up is so much fun!