Monday, June 25, 2007

Wedding Weekend #3

Wedding Weekend #3 was just as enjoyable as the two that preceded it...I love weddings and Leslye (my cousin) and Joey's was no exception!!

I flew to Lubbock on Friday after work and my dad, brother, and brother-in-law gave me a ride to the rehearsal dinner in Snyder. I was definitely ready to get out of that testosterone filled car!! I actually missed the rehearsal but arrived in time to go to the dinner and see all of our family. We had a blast.

Here is a picture of Leslye (the bride), my sister, and me at the rehearsal dinner.

The next morning we had a bridal brunch and all of the family and attendants were invited. The hostess' house was gorgeous....here is a picture of her backyard. The flower girl really wanted to go swimming. For a second, we thought we were going to have to pull her out of the pool, fully clothed!!

Gran and Ali (Leslye's new sister-in-law) were looking beautiful as always!!
The table decorations at the reception were so pretty...so original!!


Charlie (my brother-in-law) had to have the hem on his tux pants fixed. Gran made quick work with the sewing kit and then pressed the hem with my other cousin's straight iron.


Amy was a bridesmaid and I was an 'honorary attendant' (basically that meant I was in charge of the cutting the cake) The wedding colors were pink and green so the bridesmaids wore green dresses with a pink sash and the honorary attendants (there were 5 of us) wore pink.

Daniel got off work on Sat in time to drive up for the wedding (we rode home together on Sunday) and was looking handsome as always!!

Brooke and I were excellent cake cutters...we definitely had a good system going!!

Me and the beautiful bride, Leslye

After the wedding, everyone was a little tired. We have had a lot of family weddings in the last six weeks!! (They have all been on the same side of the family. The groom from the wedding in CA and the bride from this weekend were brother/sister...I know their family was glad this wedding stuff is over!!)


We had another great weekend and I know that Joey and Leslye are going to be very happy. Somehow I ended up without a picture of them together...not sure how that happened!! I was definitely glad to be home yesterday though. It felt really different to be driving to our house instead of our apartment!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute pink dress!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Glad you're home and had a safe and happy trip. Now you can focus on getting unpacked and settled in!

John and Christy said...

That's a lot of weddings! Looks like great fun! :) Plus excuses to buy pretty dresses are always good.

Lynn Leaming said...

You do a great job posting your pictures! Looks like you had a great time with your family. You look so cute with your new hairdo and that pink dress!