Thursday, June 21, 2007

Paper Blinds

For the first 3 nights we spent in our home, we did not have any window coverings, AT ALL. When Dan was at home, I was not too worried about it. I had a "big strong man" to take care of me if somebody was looking through the windows.

Then I spent the night there by myself....

I felt like I was totally exposed! Of course we are the only house finished on our block, but still...

So last night we went and got paper blinds. I was amazed at what a difference they made!

Now I feel much better about him going to work!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny - I remember my dad telling us before we bought our house, "be sure to save some money for window coverings because you're going to want them right away!" We moved into a home that already had blinds but if it didn't, he would have been totally right!

Lynn Leaming said...

The worst room to be exposed in is your bedroom I think. I have never even been able to sleep with the windows open in my bedroom. I am glad you don't have to feel vulnerable anymore.

Anonymous said...

Good call. I'm all about the paper blinds. We still have them on all our basement windows until we get the finishing work done down there. No one needs to see me sporting my pjs on the way to the laundry room!

I hope you guys are getting settled. Can't wait to see pics!