Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Self Evaluation

I spent last evening filling out my yearly evaluation for work. I HATE doing those type of things. They always have questions about your strengths and weaknesses and I feel like I am trying to always find ways to brag about myself in the answers. Daniel says I have to make him 'realize how important' I am. :) I guess you do want to make your self sound good so maybe you can talk the boss into a raise, but it sure is hard to answer all the questions.

What is it about self-evalutions that are always so difficult?

2 comments:

John and Christy said...

Partly because we're trained not to brag on ourselves. And partly because it's difficult to distill any job into a few short paragraphs or to remember that great new process you implemented almost a year ago. I'm no good at the type of writing that looks good on those things either. Do you have to set goals too? Those are the worst!

Unknown said...

Hey! We're still waiting for that dinner together. ;) We'd love to catch up!