Monday, September 10, 2007

Cousin Weekend

For four years, my sister and three of our cousins all lived in the same town. In the summers, they would have "cousin dinner" once a week at someone's house or a restaurant. It was really just a time for them to all get together and eat. Of course, I was living here at the time, and I think that they called me every week to talk about what I was missing out on.

Well this weekend, my cousin Leslye and her husband Joey, came to spend the weekend with us. Well, actually, Joey works as the sports information director for Tarleton State University and had to go to the football game on Saturday in Oklahoma. They came to spend the night at our house on Friday night, before he went to the game on Saturday. Daniel had to work on Sat. so Leslye and I had our own cousin weekend.

We had so much fun! We lounged around the house Sat morning, went shopping, spent some time at the pool, and then ended the day at church at the M&M Mom's were my mother-in-law was the speaker. It was a great day!

They were able to go to church with us on Sunday morning and then came back to the house for most of the afternoon. I was so glad they were able to come.

I just wish we had remembered to call all of my other cousins and tell them what they were missing out on!! :)

1 comment:

Roger Cook said...

Go Texans!

My brother-in-law used to play there.