Thursday, September 27, 2007

Vacuum Cleaners

I can't believe I haven't posted about this before...

My husband, the entrepreneur, has now entered the vacuum cleaner business.

Daniel found an auction website were you can bid on lots of a huge variety of items. He bid on several different things but ended up buying around 40 vacuums for less than $10 each. The lot has a couple of almost every brand you can think of - Dyson, Eureka, Bissell, etc. - and also has a few steam cleaners. They are all vacuums that had been returned to the manufacturer for one reason or another and need a little work. Some of them are as easy to fix as making them stand up on their own without falling over, while others are going to take more time. I didn't even know that he knew how to fix a vacuum cleaner!!

He has great plans about then selling the repaired vacuums on Ebay, Craigslist, etc. We shall see!!

Of course, I tried to claim one of the easier to fix vacuums so that I could have one upstairs and one downstairs - but my sweet husband told me I would have to wait. He wasn't sure how much he wanted to charge for each vacuum....He's going to make ME pay HIM in CASH!! He says this is the beginning of a 'beautiful retirement.' Big dreams, huh?

He is too funny - I laugh every time I think about this latest venture. If he didn't love his job so much and do such a great job at it, I would try to convince him to go into his own business of some kind. I am trying not to be too skeptical about the whole thing. I just want to know when I get part of my garage back! I guess it is a good thing we went for the 3rd car option....

I'll post a picture soon...

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is too funny! I hope it works out well for him!

Anonymous said...

I knew when you fell in love with Daniel, that life would NEVER be boring for you two!!! I'm laughing pretty hard while imagining the sight of the garage and the look on your face!

Brooke said...

It's funny that he just won't let you have one of those $10 vacuums! Men - just have to make a profit!

Kristi said...

I think you need to buy some $10 lawn mowers and fix them up and you guys can have a contest as to who can sell the most!! I would buy one of your mowers to give you a head start :)

JDM said...

This is hilarious! If I were you, I'd work really hard to get a good deal on one of his Dyson's! Surely you can sweet talk him :)