Saturday, November 22, 2008

Firsts

Kenna has had a few days of "firsts."

She has never been interested in holding her own bottle, but Thursday night, she thought she might give it a try. This lasted for a whole five minutes before she decided to play with it instead. Of course, the next time I fed her, she was back to her normal routine of throwing her arms back and letting Mom/Dad feed her. I'm sure she will decide she wants to hold it on her own someday!!

Kenna also officially had her first injury on Thursday night. I guess she thought that coffee tables would move out of your way if you hit them hard enough. :) She is army crawling all over our living room and has decided that she really likes to pat her hands on the tile floor of the kitchen. (It makes a really neat noise). She was working her toward the tile at the back door and had a head-on collision with the leg of the coffee table. She only cried for a few seconds before she was back to smiling. As of today, she only has a small yellow color on her forehead. I'm sure this is the first of many more to come.
Kenna has also learned how to smile at the camera. All you have to do is pull it out and she forgets anything else she has been doing so that she can grin.

Because our next few weeks are pretty busy, we decided (well, maybe I decided, but Daniel helped) that we would go ahead and decorate for Christmas. I am usually very opposed to decorating before Thanksgiving, but I wasn't sure when else we would do it and I wanted Kenna to be able to enjoy looking at the tree. She loves the lights!
Kenna had a lot of fun playing while we were decorating....Deja vu?
My brother, Cade, and his girlfriend, Kyla, came over this evening. They are in town to go to the Cowboy's game tomorrow and had dinner with me and Miss K. Kenna LOVES her Uncle Cade. She just played and played while sitting in his lap.
She even let him make funny faces...
She also got to love on Kyla. She had the best time with our visitors. She even stayed up an hour later just so she could play!
I am loving watching Kenna grow and develop more and more of her own personality. I may be a little biased, but I think she is just precious!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

When Teresa was Kenna's age she was afraid to touch the tree (too prickly!), but did crawl under the tree to try to splash in the water (obviously, we get the real trees).

Amy said...

Looks like they had fun! Cade made Kenna make funny faces!

LisaN said...

Well, I'm not biased... and I agree that she is precious! :-)

Supermom-In-Training said...

Too cute! She certainly is developing a cute personality! I'm glad she is enjoying the Christmas decorations too!

Andra said...

Yeah, she is precious!

Abbe said...

Those are some fun firsts. I think Kenna needs to come teach Avery to smile for the camera, I still get the blank stare every time. I am so impressed you already have your tree up!