Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

What a wonderful holiday weekend! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays....actually, it runs a pretty close race with Christmas.

We started off the holiday weekend by taking a family portrait with all of Daniel's family. The last family picture was before there were any significant others and kids so it was really neat to get to make an updated pic! Chris and Hannah were in from California and Joel, Sarah, and Jackson were down from Arkansas so it was the perfect time to get together. It was a pretty hot, crowded place when you put in 20 adults and 4 babies, but I think it actually turned out pretty well!
We also took the opportunity to take a picture of our little fam...Miss K was giving her new, closed mouth grin!
I absolutely love the two pictures we took of Kenna by herself...the problem is that I can't decide which one I like better!


Some of you will probably see these pictures again soon... :)
Thanksgiving day, we spent the day with the Boyds. It was wonderful to get to celebrate the holiday in their new home! The boys played football (real, tackle football, but without any pads) while all of the womenfolk were in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on the meal. I love how we put all the table together so that everyone can sit together. It is a wonderful way to fellowship. Someday in the future we will have to have a kids table, though.





The kids had a great time playing together. Luke, JD, and Kenna were having a blast together. It won't be long before Jackson will be joining in.


Mercy and Grandpa helping to entertain the babies.


Kenna especially enjoyed the hardwood floors. We would make her a spot on the rug or on a blanket and she would immediately move over to the floor. She figured out how to slide along the floor with minimal effort. She could get to wherever she wanted to go pretty quickly. My favorite was when she decided to use her belly as a pivot and started turning herself in circles. It was too funny!

Friday, the whole gang came over to watch the Arkansas/LSU game, which was quite exciting.
My sister and her family and my parents got into town on Friday night. The ladies left the babies with the guys on Saturday and went to do some Christmas shopping in Canton. We had a blast! It was crowded because of being a holiday weekend before Christmas, but we were there from open to close (well, 30 minutes before close) and would have stayed a lot longer if they would have let us! I knocked out a lot of my Christmas shopping this weekend! I think the guys had fun just hanging out at home, playing with the babies. For some reason, they really weren't excited about joining us in Canton. :)
We took some great pictures of Abbye and Kenna together in front of the tree. They were all decked out in their Christmas overalls, but I just realized that all of my secret santa presents for work are wrapped under the tree! It would be really easy for everyone else to figure out who has who if they were to see the pics. I will post them next week after we have our office Christmas party....
Hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday! Now the countdown to Christmas is officially on!





5 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

I think Kenna has aspirations to be a model :) Just too cute!

Kaitlin said...

I agree with Lynn. She has the greatest smile and cutest little face. I love how Jackson and Luke have this stone faced look in the family photo. I like the first picture of Kenna, laying on her belly...though, I like them both.

By the way, I love watching from behind as Kenna 'dances' to the music at church...bouncing around and all. (Kinda sounds creepy saying 'Watching from behind', oh well, you know what I mean)

Anonymous said...

I vote for the close-up picture! I am ready to see Kenna (and her parents) -- great blogging! Well, you might just have to email me the pictures of the girls in their overalls!

Unknown said...

I'm impressed you were able to narrow it down to two that you loved, I always end up with 7 different poses! I do think that I like the belly one a bit better, but they're both darling.

Amy said...

So cute - I love Kenna's pictures too. I don't know which one I like better??? I just posted some pictures - hope I didn't ruin it.