Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rise Ye Men...

I am a proud graduate of Muleshoe High School. And, while I loved cheering on the guys who played football, no one can say that they were that great. While I was a varsity cheerleader, our football team went 1-19. What can I say...they were not the biggest boys in the country!

Muleshoe's current coach began his tenure my senior year and was responsible for that one win that we were able to achieve. When my brother was a senior, the boys went all the way to the state semi-finals before losing at Texas Stadium. It was so much fun to watch and yell for a good Muleshoe team!

This weekend we will have the opportunity to do the same when the undefeated Muleshoe Mules take on the Kirbyville Wildcats at the Gopher Bowl in Grand Prairie, TX for the State Championship. I am very excited that the game is close enough that we can take Miss K to her first high school football game to cheer on her mother's home town team. It should be a lot of fun and I am hoping that the Mules will come away with a big win!

Thinking about going to the game, made me go dig through the pictures of my senior year to find some of me cheering even when we were not having a great outcome! :) Thanks to Mrs. Wrinkle and the senior scrapbook she made everyone create for a test grade every 6 weeks, I had plenty to choose from. I am not the best at the scanning stuff, so I apologize for the poor quality, but I thought they were fun to look at anyway.


Friday afternoon pep rally

Me and my sis after a pep rally or game...who knows which!

Doing stunts...I'm on the bottom middle holding up the girl above my head...
you can only see my right side


Friday Night Lights

Hopefully I will have some fun, victorious, pictures from our adventure on Saturday...I will keep you posted!





4 comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

Too fun! It makes me nostalgic for our Friday night high school football games!

The Bynum's said...

Thanks for the fun post that allowed me to remember back 10 years ago. I even spotted myself in some of your pictures. WHat fun memories. Go MULES!! I am so excited for them and wish we could go but we will all be at Marlie's graduation. HAve fun.

Amy said...

Ha Ha
Where is the picture of you kicking really high that was in the newspaper?

Andra said...

I was thinking the exact as Amy? I always thought that was such a great pic! We are headed to the Big D too. I am sure we will see y'all at some point!