Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Boots and Pancakes

My parents came down this past weekend to go to the FW stock show and see Kenna for the weekend (I don't have any delusions about the fact that they are coming to see me...haha). Dad came a few days earlier while Mom worked and then she flew in on Friday for the weekend. Miss K got to spend Friday morning with her Pa at the stock show. It sounds like she had a lot of fun and loved seeing the animals. I am the smart one who sent the camera, but had it all set on video so we didn't get any good pictures. Sorry! I am mad at myself, but, oh well, what do you do now? Kenna also came home with a new pair of boots...aren't these great?!? I can't wait to put them on her with her little jean skirt....
I really think they enjoyed their grandpa/Kenna time.

Saturday morning we let Miss K have pancakes for the first time. She absolutely loved them!! My mom started off tearing little pieces for her to pick up and eat but then she decided that was not fast enough and wanted to eat them on her own. She had five silver dollar pancakes and I think she would have kept going if we would have let her!

What are these things?


These are great!
When we were out running around on Saturday, Miss K decided that she wanted to try and drink out of Daddy's straw. Thank goodness she was not successful or she would have had her first taste of Diet Coke! They thought it would be funny to take a picture of this momentous event! :)

We had a wonderful time and can't wait for Mimzi and Pa to come back!

Everything else has been going really well here, but staying busy. Daniel is recuperating and, as far as I can tell, doing good. He is spending his daily time in the CPM machine and is halfway through his six weeks. I know he is getting ready to be able to go back to work but is really enjoying all of the daddy/daughter time that he is getting with Miss K.

I'm sorry it has been a full week since I have posted! I was really going to try to do better but we have been swamped at work, so this is what you get!


6 comments:

Amy said...

Too bad the Muleshoe stock show didn't sell cute John Deere boots:) You are setting the food standards high. I guess I need to give Abbye some pancakes on Saturday

Courtney said...

That is absolutely adorable!! Miss K knows what is good doesn't she!! And I absolutely LOVE those boots!!! Miss ya'll!!!

The Bynum's said...

Love those boots Brynlie has the same ones and Brayden had the boy ones when he was smaller. Sounds like a fun time with the grandparents.

Supermom-In-Training said...

LOVE the boots!! Too cute! Kenna's going to be eating everything pretty soon!!

Unknown said...

My girls love their Sunday morning pancake tradition. Ken likes to cut them into shapes or decorate them for the girls. Love the boots.

Dara said...

LOVE the boots! Those are too cute! Just an FYI - I let Emma do the same thing with my straw at a restaurant when she was around 7 months old (thinking there is no way she will figure that out - wrong!), and she got a big swig of regular Coke!!! We did the straw in the water at restaurants from then on!