Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back to Work

Today is the day.

I am officially going back to work.

I can't believe that it has already been over 6 weeks! (It has been one day short of 7 weeks since I have been at work.) I love my job and have missed the people I work with and my patients, but I am REALLY going to miss my kids! Luckily, we have a great person to watch them on the days that both Daniel and I work, and the rest of the the days I work they are home with their daddy. It will definitely take some adjusting to this new schedule. Dane still likes to eat every 2.5-3 hours (including during the night) so we are still not getting lots of sleep. Sometimes he goes right back to sleep at night but other times he likes to stay up and play. Hopefully getting him up at a set time every day (or 2 out of every 3 days) will help him get into a 'normal' schedule and he will learn day from night. But if not, oh well, he will figure it out eventually! :) And Kenna LOVES going to Ms Tara's. She has a blast and I am sure she will make sure that Dane just slides right into her normal schedule there!

I wonder how many times I will call to check on everything?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your first day back goes well for you. And I hope Dane starts sleeping (at night) more soon! I think you should call and check on the kiddos today as much as you want to!

The Bynum's said...

OH Heather, I cannot imagine going back to work right now and it has been 12 weeks for me. We are just now getting into a nice routine and finally sleeping more than 3 hours at night. Seemed like it did get better at about 9 weeks for us. So hard to function on that little sleep. I will pray you adjust ok and your kiddos do well. Hang in there!