Saturday, July 10, 2010

Macaroni Bath and Singing Journey

Yesterday at lunch, Kenna decided that she would rather bathe in her mac-n-cheese than eat it. When I picked her up from Tara's yesterday after work, Tara said that Kenna had eaten quite a large breakfast. I was surprised that she had eaten anything because she had a pancake and a piece of raisin bread before we left the house. Tara said that she had also eaten chocolate chip waffles, strawberries, and part of a donut. I really didn't think she would be hungry but when I asked her if she wanted to eat she had requested macaroni and fig newtons (great carb filled lunch I know) so that is what I fixed her when we got home. I stashed her in the high chair instead of the booster seat so I could feed Dane. She sat over there and 'ate' for quite and while and when I went to see if she was finished this is what I found....

Lovely isn't it!?! When I went to pick her up, the rest of what had been in the bowl was sitting in her lap. If you look closely you can also see the small bruise she has on the bridge of her nose and under her eyes. She had been doing her normal dancing/jumping the night before and had turned around too quickly on the tile and lost her balance. She face-planted. Her lip was swollen and bleeding, her nose was swollen and blue, and she bit her tongue (which she promptly made me kiss to make it better). I really thought it would look a whole lot worse than this so I am happy!
Dane is growing like crazy! He has definitely plumped up. This is the best picture I have right now but I really wish you could see his double chin!


Finally, one more video of Miss K and her fascination with the Glee finale. She asks to watch it ALL THE TIME but we only give in every few days. On the 4th of July she had been swimming and so we let her watch it before she got in the bathtub (which is why she is not wearing any clothes). Most of the time she dances but she was a little worn out from the pool so she just decided to sing along while she rested. And if you hear any background slurping noises that is Dane...he is the loudest eater!


4 comments:

allison hanna cassady said...

Love, love, love the video of her singing along with Glee!!!

Leslye said...

LOL! I really did laugh outloud! She is too funny!

Amy said...

Maybe I can see the Glee performance in person this week.

Supermom-In-Training said...

Okay, macaroni bath - eww, but ha ha! And I love Kenna's singing - it is great!!