Monday, July 12, 2010

My Little Fishes

Yesterday afternoon we made our first official "family trip" to the swimming pool. Kenna and Daniel have been going almost every day and she LOVES it! Every day when she gets up from her nap, she will go in her room and get a swim diaper and a swimsuit and take it to Daniel. She will then go get his swimsuit out of his drawer and tell him to change clothes. She is a girl on a mission! :)

Dane and I have been to watch twice for about 15 min but we have never officially made the trek over there so we decided to change that yesterday. I was really wanting to see Kenna show off all of her new pool tricks so we all loaded up. Dane decided to just spend the first part of the afternoon sleeping in the shade. There was a fan right above him so he stayed a little cooler. Kenna wanted to show me how the shower worked...why go swimming when you can play with a shower!?!

Miss K has fallen in love with her floaties and is really learning how to use them. She takes herself all over the "deep water" and can even just float along for a while.

Once Dane woke up, we decided he needed to take a little dip to see what he thought about the pool. I think the coldness surprised him but once he adjusted to that he just laid there and floated along. He was so relaxed and happy!
Dane came back to hang out with Mommy while Kenna showed off her jumping skills. The girl has no fear!! After this she showed me how she jumps off backwards but I did not get a picture of that one.


I think that everyone had a great time! (Can you see the nice double chin? I love it!)


4 comments:

JDM said...

How fun! Looks like Kenna really enjoys the water. I love the last pic of Dane ~ so cute!

Supermom-In-Training said...

Wow!! Kenna has really come far since the first swimming day this summer! We need to do a family swim day!!

Leslye said...

Looks like lots of fun family time! Kenna and Dane are growing so fast! I need to see them! :)

Hollye said...

I can't wait to personally see Kenna show off! Cute pictures!