Sunday, August 29, 2010

More Kenna-isms

I usually think that Kenna is a pretty funny girl, but some days she just seems to make me laugh more than others and today has been one of those days.

First, I have to brag on my big girl. We have had a very busy weekend (I will post some pictures about that later) and Kenna has not gotten to sleep near as much as she usually does so I was a little worried what today would bring as far as attitude goes, but she did so good! Three different times today I told her that it was time to clean up what we were doing so we could go somewhere else and all three times she looked at me and said "okay mommy" and started picking up. Yea!

Now for the funny Kenna stories...and, yes, all of these just happened within the last hour.

I was putting up some laundry and all of the sudden I noticed that Kenna was missing. I started walking through the house calling her name when I suddenly heard "It's dark in here!" She had shut herself in Dane's closet. I must have left the door open as I was hanging up some of his clothes.

After I got her out of the dark, we were walking into the hall and she saw her little barbie 4-wheeler and climbed on...then she asked me to ride with her. I told her I was sorry but that I was too big...she said "no you're not mommy, I hold you in my lap"....yeah, I really see that one happening! :)

I then went and grabbed the dress I was wearing this morning before Dane decided to overflow his diaper and was going to spray some stain stuff on it before I washed it. Apparently we use too much 'I can't believe it's not butter' because Kenna came running over saying "I want some butter!"

Oh, I just remembered one more from this morning. It was early and still dark out when we all started getting up but we were letting K sleep in a little bit longer. She started talking a little so I walked into her room to tell her it was still night-night time. She looked at me and said "Its still dark outside. I go night-night. Tasha had pizza in the water and then there was the wind and then she rode her bike. Now I go night-night" and then she rolled over and went back to sleep. My little girl does love her Backyardigans!

I L-O-V-E my little girl's fun-filled personality!


1 comment:

Supermom-In-Training said...

Love Miss Kenna and all her personality too!!! She is hilarious!!