Saturday, September 4, 2010

Last Weekend

I know this post is about a week late...I'm not sure where this week went!!

Last Friday, Mandy and I took JD and Kenna to see the Nick Jr live production in Grand Prairie. Kenna is in love with the Backyardigans and this show did not disappoint! The kiddos did pretty well on the way down there, even though we had to make sure everyone kept their toys to themselves a few times. They would want to share, but would then want their own toy back. I guess that is how sharing works when you are 2 and 3! :) I kept trying to take Kenna's picture, but she only wanted to show me the bookmark she received when she walked in the door. It had pictures of all of the characters that were featured in the show.
We had a fun Mommy/daughter date while Dane and Daddy stayed home. Kenna had a BLAST! She is still talking about it a week later and wearing her backpack like Dora. Several times a day she will look at me and say "I saw Backyardigans on the staaaaaage (She draws out 'stage' into 5 syllables)....and the Wonder Pets...and Dora....and Pablo got muddy...and then they took a bath with bubbles!!" (There is more..this is just the shortened version!) I am so glad that we went! :)

On Saturday, several of my family members were in town for some shopping and my cousin's baby shower. At lunch, Dane got in some snuggle time with my cousin, Courtney.
We spent a lot of time at the outlet mall doing some shopping (I got some great deals on fall clothes for Kenna) before ending the day at the pool with pizza and cake. Dane loved hanging out in the stroller and gave out lots of grins.
Kenna thought the cake was yummy! Good thing we were at the pool and she could rinse it all off before heading home!!
On Sunday, we all drove to Stephenville for a baby shower for my cousin Leslye and her soon-to-be-here son Keaton. Kenna had a hard time with the concept that none of the presents were for her so Leslye was kind enough to let her play with one of the buckets of toys.
All of the girl cousins that were present at the shower...Alison we missed you!

It was such a fun weekend and we all had a great time!! (Thanks cousins for all of the stolen pictures)


No comments: