Monday, September 13, 2010

Kenna's Prized Possessions and More

After my previous post about Kenna's love for Blanket and Baa, I started thinking about all the other things in her life that have become prized possessions. Two of those things are her glasses and her "atch." Several months ago, Miss Kenna Beth decided that anytime she was outside or in the car, the "sun hurts my eyes and my glasses make it better." We cannot go anywhere without her sunglasses. She also likes to wear them inside our house and at Mrs. Tara's. Her glasses have to go everywhere. Last weekend, Kenna seemed to notice for the first time that Mommy wears a watch. Every day since then the little copycat :) has to have on a watch. I had a watch that I usually run with that had a bad battery and Kenna has claimed it has her own. We have had a few minor meltdowns over the fact that we made it out the door without the watch. Now I just put it into the diaper bag when we finally convince her she has to take it off for a bath or to sleep....and that takes some convincing! Here is a picture of Kenna with her glasses and her "atch." And if you eventually decide that the glasses make things a little too dark, you can always wear them as a "hat" as Kenna would say.
Her newest possession that she has fallen in love with is her "pink swippers." She wants to wear them all the time and then wants me to put mine on as well. Tonight, she was running around in her slippers and then disappeared into my bedroom. When she returned to the living room, she was carrying my house shoes for me to wear. Sorry the picture is a little blurry, she was showing me how cute her shoes were.

And we can't forget the cowboy hat. I posted a picture of Kenna wearing this hat a year or so ago. She was watching the horses on the TV and decided that she would pretend like her shopping cart was rideable. Notice the hat, the slippers, and, of course, the "atch."

Taking pictures in the same attire with her Elmo camera. I love it!

Kenna really has turned into a little Mommy. She was playing with her baby tonight when she told me that her baby was tired and that she needed to take a nap. She ran off toward her room and then came back with something else to play with. When I took Dane into his room to change his diaper this is what I found....
The swing was going, the seat was vibrating, and the music was playing. Baby looks quite comfortable on Kenna's pillow. :)

Dane thinks that Kenna is great fun to watch. He will stare and stare at her antics!
Of course my little piglet is just trying to eat his toys these days!

Life sure is fun at our house!!!


1 comment:

Leslye said...

Kenna is such a character! Love reading Kenna stories! Dane does have a good source of entertainment!