Friday, June 5, 2009

My Little Cowgirl

I have a cheap straw cowboy hat that I will occasionally wear when I go to the pool or the beach. Ever since we have returned from Destin, the hat (which I never even wore while we were there) has been sitting around the living room and Kenna has been playing with it. Apparently she really likes hats now that she wore hers all week! It is really important that she gets to put it on herself.


The last few days, the hat has been spending the night hanging on the fireplace tools....a place that is very visible from Miss K's rocking horse. Yesterday when I was holding her on the horse (she still likes to dive off), she noticed the hat and had to wear it while she was riding. I don't know where she got the idea that you have to have a cowboy hat to ride a horse....but it is fairly accurate! This picture just reminded me so much of a old black/white photo from the early nineteen hundreds when people were afraid to smile....she was smiling while she was on the horse but I must have snapped the picture right before she decided she wanted down.



She looks so big! I am sure that her uncle Cade will have her on a real horse soon enough!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, she is starting to look like such a big girl!