Saturday, July 7, 2007

Furniture Shopping

Furniture shopping is so much fun!!

Daniel and I have spent a lot of time after work this week looking for furniture for our new home. We needed a dining room table and he was wanting to get a king-size bed for our room and move our bed to another bedroom to have a guest room. Everytime we stay in a hotel and sleep in a king-size, we both comment on how good we slept, so we decided we needed to upgrade. Apparently we do not sleep very well together!! :)

There is such beautiful furniture available!! We looked at several different places and found LOTS of things that we like. We definitely found more than we were needing. We have couches in our living room that are perfectly functional. We talk about replacing them someday (especially since Dan got them from a random move job - the owners were going to throw them in the trash - we have no idea who they were or where the couches originally came from) but we know that we can wait for that. Of course, that is one of the first things we found that we liked. We will have to go back and get those someday!!

In the next ten days, we will have a new dining room and chairs, a king-size bed, nightstands, a chest, and mattresses all delivered to our house. I am SOOO excited!!

Some people from work are coming over on Sat to see the house and have a little 'housewarming party' so I am ready to start entertaining! Especially now that I will have chairs for people to sit in!!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Congratulations! I know how exciting that is. I'll bet it is going to look wonderful!!

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

I love looking at furniture!!! Went to Austin this weekend and talked a lot about going with my friend. Did you know J.R. is on his 3rd year as a counselor? I saw Heather (Hutton used to be) this morning at church made me think about you and glad we are back in touch. I can't believe its been a year either this weekend was good but I miss that boy like crazy!!! We should get together when I come to dallas area sometime isn't that where your at?

Lynn Leaming said...

Indeed it is fun to get new furniture. Steve and I just moved from a king size bed, back to a queen. It is taking some adjustment as there definitely is not as much room, but I enjoy being closer. Fortunately, neither one of us moves very much.
Hope you enjoy your new furniture and entertaining!

John and Christy said...

Can't wait to see photos of your beautiful new furniture! How fun!

Unknown said...

King size is the way to go! Although I have to reach waaayy over to even know Tim is there, it's so nice to not be pushing and shoving for the covers.