Sunday, July 1, 2007

Settling In

We have now officially been in our house for two weeks. I guess I was really optimistic in my thinking about moving, because I sure thought that we would move everything into our new home and it would be put in the perfect place and everything would look great that night...Boy was I wrong!! Between working full-time and attending a wedding last weekend, yesterday was the first day that both of us had been available to work on the last of the unpacking. I LOVE our house. So far, we have nothing on the walls, but it is already starting to feel more and more like home. We are going to get blinds this week and then slowly start buying furniture and moving things around. We have a lot of empty rooms right now that I cannot wait to fill!! I know that I will be ready to buy things a lot quicker than Daniel will !! :) (Click here for previous post....)

I have been promising pictures for two weeks now so here you go!! I didnot take any of the outside of the house yet. Most of those pictures have been on here before. With all the rain, we haven't been able to mow the grass, so the yard needs a little touch up before I post any pictures. Actually, we have not even bought a lawn mower, yet! :)

Living room (Becky, the armoire looks great!!)
Kitchen



Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom (I love the bathtub and Dan loves the shower!)



Study


Dining Room (with all our picture stuff in the floor)

Empty Bedroom #1

Somewhat Empty Bedroom #2

Hall Bath

Gameroom

Upstairs Bath

Empty Bedroom #3


Hope you enjoyed the quick tour!! One of the things I missed most about being in an apartment was having lots of people over for dinner and such. I am ready to start making up for lost time!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

the amoire DOES look good- i am so glad you guys could use it. funny how it looked huge in our living room but in the big space of your living area it seems more the right size!
the house looks great. before long, you'll have too much stuff in every room and ve needing to clear it out! that is my experience, anyway!

Unknown said...

How fun!

Lynn Leaming said...

Heather,
Great tour of the house. I love your fireplace! I know you and Daniel will continue to have fun giving each room its own personality. May the Lord bless you with many years of happiness and show you ways to glorify Him in the home He has given you.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

HEATHER!!!!
Hey it was soooo good to hear from you. I was sad you weren't at the reunion but I think all of 99 conspirited against me because I was the lone representation. I am here in Abilene with Jenn and Yancey and Summer and Scott Kilmer and none of them could go. I hang out with Jenn and Yancey quite a bit they have about a 9 month old. I've seen Summer a couple of times and hear about Scott a lot.
Your house looks fun and exciting. So what do you do now adays? I heard you got married but I am so far behind and out of touch I think Brady Boyles told me that at CBH last summer where get this I was the assistant cook!!!
Crazy times!!!
I love school but am very sad that I won't be able to go to CBH this summer because of summer school and clients. Everyonce in a while I get the I miss accounting probably more the luxurious traveling ting but I know this is where I'm supposed to be.
I've added you to my blog list I read so now I can keep up with your life!!!
Good to be in touch,
Rebekah

owldog1 said...

House looks great Ditto Lynn I know that house will be filled with friends fun and all because God is in charge.

ps I was looking for the "wood" floor :)

Heather said...

The wood floor will have to be a separate project:) They would not let us put them in while they were building!

Stephanie said...

Wow! It looks great! How exciting!

Unknown said...

Love these pictures - you guys really are settling in! Have fun filling those rooms up no matter how long it takes!

H. Heflin said...

Congratulations on the new place, Heather. Looks good.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! The bed is even made and all the covers so neat!
Love Dad

Brooke said...

What a beautiful home!