Saturday, June 26, 2010

Travel Fun

Today is my brother's wedding day...I'm so excited! I love Kyla and can't wait for her and Cade to officially be married. Kenna and Abbye are both flower girls and, if the rehearsal last night is any indication, it should be an interesting adventure! :) I will have lots of pictures to post I'm sure.

We have had a lot of fun as we have worked our way to Roswell, NM, for their wedding. We had originally planned to spend the first night with my sister and her family in Lubbock, but Kenna woke up sick on the day we left so we decided it would be better to keep the little girls apart so we went all the way to my parents. Kenna had a temp of 103 all day and just stared out the window the whole drive. I felt so bad for her! About halfway through the trip I gave her some more Motrin, on an empty stomach, and five minutes later she threw it all up. Poor baby. We had to pull over on the side of the road, change her clothes, mop up as best as we could and then keep going. Miss K was very upset about her dirty car seat but was otherwise okay. After one day of just a fever, she seemed to bounce back and was ready to play at Mimzi and Poppy's. We didn't let her do much the next day and she seemed okay with that.

On Wednesday, I got to go see Duff Goldman from Ace of Cakes. I love that show and he has some amazing creations! He was presenting a cake to the Muleshoe Police department as he made a tour around part of the USA. It was a really neat experience and I can't wait for the episode to air (sometime in September they think)...maybe you can see me on TV!!

Kenna was much better on Thursday so we decided to make a trip to Lubbock to go to CritterFest at the Science Spectrum. Kenna had a BLAST!! She loved seeing all of the animals (especially feeding the goats) and playing with all of the fun stuff inside. I can't wait to keep taking her places like that! Unfortunately, Abbye decided to get sick that day and had a fever and threw up.....all of our work keeping them apart and they still both got sick! Oh well, at least it was before the wedding!

I will post pictures when we get back home...

And now we are in Roswell for the wedding. Like I said, it should be an adventure!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love watching Ace of Cakes...so cool that you got to see Duff! I will have to watch that episode very closely! Looking forward to cute wedding pics after this weekend.