Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter 2011

So I am finally getting around to posting about last weekend! About the time I think I get all caught up, something big comes along that puts me behind again!! :)

The kids and I took off Friday morning to spend some time with family in Snyder for the Easter holiday. We were the first of the family to arrive, so Kenna got to help Gran make some whipping cream. She thought licking the beaters was "quite delicious."

By Saturday afternoon, most of the family was in town so we spent some time with a big egg dying party. Dane decided that this was a great time to practice his vocal skills. He was not mad at all when this picture was snapped - he was just telling everyone exactly what he thought!!

Kenna was very into dyeing the eggs this year - much more so than last year! She wanted to show me every step of the process.


Lots of concentration to get the egg exactly where you want it before dropping it into the dye...



For some reason, I neglected to take any pictures of the finished products! Oh, well!!


Easter Sunday was a gorgeous morning and I loved taking pictures of my precious children!

Such a helpful big sister...trying to make sure he didn't run away! :)

L.O.V.E. this picture of my Kenna Beth....such a sweet smile.Dane didn't want to stand still for too many pictures....he was ready to take off!


Cute grin from my Daners.

All of the great-grandchildren lined up with their Easter goodies.

Kenna understood the concept of hunting eggs better this year as well....she knew that there was candy involved!

Dane just thought it was fun to run around without any shoes.

Uncle Cade was a great help when it came to finding those hard to find eggs.

A picture of the Hooten clan...this was about as good as it got...


...and now you can see what most of the other pictures really looked like! I think this is greatness!!!
Poppy, Mimzi, and Dane

Poppy, Mimzi, and Kenna

We tried to get a picture of Gran with all of her great-grandchildren....you can see how well that turned out! :) I love how Kenna is holding onto Dane.

All of the excitement of the weekend just completely wore my two kiddos out. And the kids who did not sleep at all on the trip to Snyder both slept an hour on the way home....I'll take it!



Once Kenna woke up, she was quite content to watch Mickey Mouse, etc. and wear her headphones. She loves those headphones - which means I can listen to the radio while driving and she can watch her shows. We got into some pretty heavy rain on the way home...look how dark it is out the window...and it was 3 in the afternoon!

And, if you noticed, Daniel was not in any of our Easter pics. That is because he spent over a week in Graham/Possum Kingdom helping with the wildfires. We drove through Graham both times so I took a picture of the "headquarters." He was not there at that point, but that was where he began and ended every day. Too bad we didn't get to at least wave at each other since we were so close!

Whew...that was a lot of photos to post! We had a wonderful Easter holiday (except for the fact that we were missing Daddy) - hope everyone else did as well!!




No comments: