Sunday, December 10, 2006

Mission Accomplished!!!

WE DID IT!!!

I am so excited about my first marathon experience...we had so much fun!! Of course, I am starting to get "a little" sore now so we will have to see what tomorrow brings but it was such a great adventure. We finished in 4:24:02 which was definitely under our goal of 4.5 hours (we had bid numbers 3557 and 1212). Beating your own goal makes it even more enjoyable.

Here is a picture of us at the finish line with our finisher's medals...



I will post more later but most of the pictures were taken by my sister on her camera so she is going to send them to me once she gets home.

We are so blessed to have such a loving, supportive family. We had cheerleaders along the whole route complete with signs and smiles. Representatives from Daniel's family included Jon and Mandy, David and Suzanne, Daniel's Mom and Dad, and Mercy (who got very excited when we ran by). While my Mom and Dad, my Gran, and my sister Amy (who may have been even more excited than Mercy) all came. We definitely could not have done so well without all of their encouragement...

I will post more as soon as I have all the pictures and can pick the ones were I actually look halfway decent.... :)

4 comments:

Beck Boys said...

Congratulations!! Way to go - What a great accomplishment.

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congratulations on finishing and beating your time! That is so cool! Now go take a bubble bath!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

All you got was a medal? Please. ;)

Okay, you're going to have to help me train to do that next year. I told Tim I'd do it to try and become more healthy. What's a better motivation than something you sign up to do, and look stupid if you don't go through with it. :) I think I want to do the Susan G. Komen though.