Sunday, December 3, 2006

One week away...

The marathon is exactly a week away from today and, all of the sudden, I have started to get nervous.

We have done all the work and are adequately prepared but...training runs are not the real thing. Daniel says that the actual race is alot more fun than any of the training and, if you have gone far enough with your training runs, you will not have any trouble at the marathon. They have bands playing along the whole route, and the water stops have competitions to see who can outdo everyone else, so you are entertained along the way.

Representatives from both of our families are planning on coming and cheering us on so that should be a lot of fun as well. Of course, I'm sure they will take lots of pictures of us not looking our best!!

I am looking forward to saying that I have run in a marathon....that will be quite an accomplishment.

(If I have any energy that day after we are done, I will let you know how it goes)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to accomplish running a marathon, but never have - so good for you! And as for the nervousness - I totally understand. But you've prepared well and will do great! I do hope it's more fun than hard, though!

John and Christy said...

Best of luck on the marathon! Its gotta be intimidating but if I know you, you're over-prepared. :) Loving your blog!

Unknown said...

The movie was fun the other night! We have to do it again soon! Of course, after you've recovered from your jog around White Rock.