Saturday, October 20, 2007

All in a day's work

Dan is working today and I just got back from having dinner with him and the guys at the station. (Yummy food too!)

I love seeing them all at work. They have such a unique friendship...I laughed the whole time we were eating. I like getting to see them like that...I know that they really do have fun together while they are waiting for an "emergency" to happen.

We had just finished dinner when the tones went off and they were called out to help a lady with a medical emergency. The switch they make from laughing and cutting up to completely serious about their job always amazes me.

I hopped on the engine with Daniel and away we went. I love riding in the fire engine when he is driving. I feel like I really get to see him in his element. He is so good at what he does and our baby got to have its first fire engine ride....even if it was in utero!

In the end, the lady really did not have an emergency....she was just a little (read a lot) tipsy and had fallen over while walking in a ditch (?!?). She hadn't even been able to tell the dispatcher exactly where she was located so the medic went one way and the engine went another. It took a good while to finally find her! We all loaded back up into the engine and the ambulance, the policeman got in his car, and we all went home.

By the time we were back at the station, the talk was back to what movie to start and who was going to have to do the dishes...I guess that was nothing unusual to them...All in a day's work!

(I have a really good picture of Dan and the guys he works with, but blogger is not letting me post...maybe later!)

4 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Steve used to work with the City of Dallas firemen, supporting their computer system. He loved it! He still talks about what a great comradery those guys had and how much he misses that. I think it is neat they let you come hang out with them.

Unknown said...

That's so cool that you got to ride along and see Dan work! Fun!

Stephanie said...

Yeah, that is cool that you got to ride! That sounds so fun!

John and Christy said...

It's awesome that you got to ride with them. Sounds like a great group of guys. I'm sure most of us wouldn't believe the crazy calls police & firemen get all the time.