Monday, October 29, 2007

Daniel's Dinner Party

For Daniel's birthday (which was actually three weeks ago), he wanted to have several of his friends over for a gourmet dinner. His brother Jon and Jon's brother-in-law Josh are quite the chefs so they got roped in to doing most of the cooking. Not only do they enjoy it, but they are really good!
Dinner preparations began hours before the actual event but I think they were all having fun. Dan made quite the sous chef.






My kitchen will never be the same!

Mandy came early to help me get everything set up. We were also in charge of printing the menus. I think our table turned out really pretty!




I did not take any other pictures of the guests -Sorry!

And now for the food...

I did not get a picture of the appetizer which was homemade pizza...yummy!

Insalate - prosciutto and goat cheese bruschetta with spinach salad and balsamic dressing


Primi -Lump crab and shrimp stuffed ravioli with tomato basil cream sauce




Secondi - Filet mignon with red wine sauce and family style spaghetti



And my favorite, dolci - chocolate gelato with fresh berries and chocolate ganache


It took us a while to clean up but we had a blast and I can't wait to have people over again!


8 comments:

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

What a night?!?! I am super impressed. Your table setting was perfect and the entrées looked delicious. I imagine the evening was just wonderful down to the "T". Isn't it amazing how fast cleaning goes when the fun memories of what just took place are still lingering!

Beck Boys said...

Looks great! Happy Birthday. How are things going? Sick? Tired?

Kristi said...

Wow! Looks awesome! William is sitting here saying "I can do that!" I say, "Whatever!!"

Lynn Leaming said...

Wow! Am I impressed. I love my Steve so much, but there is no way he would be able to cook such a dinner! In 17 years of marriage I don't think I have ever seen him do anything but microwave. Glad ya'll had such a great time!

Amberly said...

What a fabulous dinner! Great job!!

Unknown said...

That all sounds sooo good! What a great way to celebrate!

Supermom-In-Training said...

I think it turned out pretty fabulous!! I'm so glad Dan and his friends enjoyed it. I know that Jon and I both had a great time (for very different reasons - him cooking and me eating)!

Becky H said...

Wow is right! It was such a fun night. You and Mandy set a BEAUTIFUL table and Jon and Josh are excellent in the kitchen!! We enjoyed the evening so much. Thanks for having us.