Monday, October 22, 2007

Mercy's Birthday

Yesterday was Mercy's 13th birthday...wow!! After church services, we all went to Spring Creek Barbeque (our somewhat normal Sunday lunch haunt) for a little lunchtime celebration. Suzanne made the cutest cake, which Mercy loved!! She is all about fire engines right now...I wonder why? :)




JD got a little hungry while we were all eating so Dan got in a little practice for our little one. Doesn't he look like he is doing a great job?!?

We ended the celebration with a trip to the State Fair of Texas. I had never been before and was amazed at everything that goes on...it's crazy! I took my camera into the fair but then forgot to take pictures. Real smart I know.

Hope that everyone else had a great Sunday!!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Mercy sure looks like she is having a wonderful time! It sounds like a great birthday!!

Supermom-In-Training said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the State Fair! We were sad to miss it - maybe next year.

Dan looks very comfortable with a baby in his arms. I don't think you will have any problems getting him to pitch in with your little one.

Unknown said...

I can't believe she's already 13! The cake is so cute! Glad you guys had a good time.

Stephanie said...

What a cute cake! Suzanne did good! I love the pictures! Glad y'all had a good time!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

I love watching dad's play a role in feeding, playing or whatever. Dan looks great and I know it will be so exciting to see him in action with his own!!

Lynn Leaming said...

Wow! Can't believe that Mercy is already 13! Isn't she blessed to be surrounded by such a great family! She already had one, and now with all the aunts she is getting as well. I really wanted to go to the State Fair this year but it just came and went too fast. Maybe next year.

Ouida said...

Thanks for recording the fun on here. It's handy to have the blog so people can see the pictures.

Amberly said...

Who wouldn't love that cake?! It's awesome!! I love the pure joy visible on Mercy's face! PRECIOUS!!

Dan is looking mighty comfortable in that position! :)