Monday, November 26, 2007

Back to Work

It sure was hard to get up and go back to work today! I love the holidays!!

We had a great Thanksgiving with both sides of the family. I enjoyed all of it so much, and the food was delicious!! I only wish my hubby could have had as much time off as I did. (He had to work on Thursday and Sunday)

Now on to the drama of Sunday....

As I said before, Daniel was working on Sunday. After church, all of his family was meeting at his brother, David's, house for lunch. When I started the car, the fuel light came on and then went right back off. I looked at the gauge that tells you how many miles you have to empty and it said I had 68 (or something like that). Anyway, I decided it would be easier to drive to David's and get gas as I was leaving...I probably should have rethought that decisions.

I ran out of gas on the Dallas North Tollway.

I barely made it over to the side of the road (but not far enough for my comfort - people were still taking the exit fairly fast) and calmly called Daniel's brother Jon (who was just an exit ahead of me) and told him that I had run out of gas. He assured me that he would be right there.

I promptly called Daniel and work and burst into tears. He told me to call Jon, which I had already done. The poor guy was then trying to reassure me that people do this all the time, but all I could think about was how stupid I felt for running out of gas! (In my defense, the gas light never did come back on...we will have to get that checked). Dan is trying to calm me down and all I can do is cry about the fact I am almost 5 months pregnant, sitting on the side of the road, out of gas.

Jon and Mandy came and were actually there within 5 minutes. Jon had already called Michael who was on his way with a gas can. He told me to get in with Mandy and he would wait for Michael. Mandy and I took off to David's while the guys took care of the rest.

Thank goodness Daniel has such great brothers and that they were so close!!

The whole ordeal only last 20 minutes or so, but it felt like forever!! I wonder what my reaction would have been if I hadn't been pregnant? (I still probably would have cried...I seem to be an emotional person :)

10 comments:

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Brother-in-laws are the best. I am glad that Jon was so close. It's funny how things can make you more emotional when it has to deal with your in-laws. I would have been worried about the hard times from my family and had to be thinking of how to defend myself in a joking manner, but with my in-laws, I probably would have cried too. Glad that you made it safe and that your family is good to you!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Hooray! I now know your blog, too! What a yucky ordeal to go through, and of all places! Glad everything worked out well.
Many congrats to you and Daniel! We're so excited for you!
Love, Kristi

Lynn Leaming said...

Whether you are pregnant or not it is a hopeless feeling to be stranded on the freeway all by yourself and in this day and age you can't count on many "good samaritans". Glad that it all got resolved in a relatively easy way for you and hope you enjoyed the rest of the day.

Hollye said...

I am glad that Daniel's family is close to help take care of our little girl!!

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry this happened! That is a scary thing to occur at any time and I would think being pregnant would make it even more so! What a blessing to have a husband and family that was able to quickly take care of you when you needed them!!!

I am glad you are okay :)

Supermom-In-Training said...

Without adventures like these, pregnancy would seem so boring! I'm glad we were close enough to help. I know you guys would have done the same for me!

Unknown said...

They really took care of you, didn't they? That's great. This is a fear of mine - running out of gas on the Tollway - or anywhere, I guess. Not fun.

Stephanie said...

I don't know if I would cry, but I do know I would be freaking out. :) Sorry that happened, but I'm so glad you had family close by to help out!

Lindsay said...

I think sometimes these things happen to remind us how much our loved ones love us. I know anyone would have come far and wide to help you. Glad it all worked at so well and so quickly.

Anonymous said...

What an ordeal!! I'm so glad the super-Boyds were there to save the day!!