Monday, November 19, 2007

Birthday Surprise

There was a box delivered to our front door today that I am dying to open....

My birthday was almost 6 weeks ago. Probably a month before my birthday, Daniel mentioned that he had found my present on the internet and ordered it. He seemed so excited about the fact that he had taken care of everything early.

I LOVE surprises but I hate waiting to find out what they are...they just drive me crazy and I am always trying to guess! I am so impatient when it comes to that sort of thing. Dan would make comments here and there about my b-day present coming, but it never showed up. I came home from work one day around my birthday and he said that they were having some shipping issues and my present might be a little late. I was okay with that.

Fast forward to last week, Daniel casually mentions that they lady he had bought my present from on e-bay had seemed to disappear with over 20 people's money. PayPal was not able to refund the money...he was quite disappointed and then I felt bad for all of the times I made a comment about not having a b-day present (it wasn't that often, but you just have to give the guy a hard time every now and again :) He then goes on to say that he has found the same gift on Amazon and it should be here soon.

Well, soon appears to be today. There is a box with a smile on the side right inside my front door. Dan is at work and told me that I am "allowed to look at the outside of the box but that's it"

He's laughing because he thinks I have built this up in my head. I really haven't...I just love surprises and can't wait to find out what is inside the box! And this year, I have absolutely NO idea what he got.

I'll keep you posted.....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooooooh, that makes me so mad about the ebay lady being so awful and stealing from so many people. I hope he left negative feedback. I am always so nervous when I buy from ebay although that has not happened to me yet.
Happy late birthday!

Heather said...

Daniel said the lady had over three hundred positive responses before he bought from her and now she is just gone. Everytime he looks the number who have given negative feedback has grown.

Kristi said...

Tell us, tell us, tell us!! What is it????

Unknown said...

Oh, come on, Heather...tell us what it is already! We're dying to know!

John and Christy said...

Glad you did finally get something! What is it???