Tuesday, November 20, 2007

He did good!

I wasn't keeping you all in suspense for spite.... He didn't let me open it until tonight! I guess he wanted to be home when I opened it....:)

Daniel bought me three full place settings of my china. (He did not buy it from Lenox so he got a much better deal)

I love this pattern and I knew when I got married that I would not have very much to start. I just wanted to get at least one or two plates so that I would then be required to buy more.

I did get a little more than one or two plates but I still only had enough for two full place settings and then some other random pieces. My mom has added to "my collection" the last two years at Christmas but I was really wanting enough to have people over and actually use the good plates!

So now the official count is five full place settings plus some extras....I am definitely getting there!

He did soooo good...and all my himself too...I can't stop smiling!!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I love the pattern! Beautiful!! What a wonderful, thoughtful surprise :)

Brooke said...

He's a good man!

Supermom-In-Training said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I feel the same about my china. I'm just collecting pieces along the way.

Unknown said...

Very thoughtful! What a great gift for you! I also love the pattern.

John and Christy said...

Awesome gift! Beautiful plates! I'm a Lenox girl too - the Coronet platinum pattern. I was lucky - the Christmas after we got married it went on sale so I have 8 settings now. But I'd love to have 12 and some of the serving pieces. :)