Friday, April 18, 2008

All alone


Daniel has gone to the gym for a little while, and for the first time since Kenna was born, I am at home alone with her. It is really exciting to take care of such a little one, but it can also be a little overwhelming. We are used to passing her back and forth for diaper changes and such. So far, all she has done is sit in her swing and sleep. I could just sit and watch her all day. I am still amazed (and probably always will be) at the absolute miracle that she is.


She is such a sweet thing...she just has her days and nights mixed up a little bit. She really likes to be awake between midnight and two. I think that is now her favorite time of day!! I have been trying to take advantage of some of the daytime sleep for some napping of my own!




Jon and Mandy brought dinner out the other night and JD got to see his cousin. I don't think he knew what to think....Thanks you guys for a great meal!


4 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Such a sweet picture of the two of you sleeping. May each moment with your precious one be filled with amazing joy.

Supermom-In-Training said...

I think JD was ready to play with his new cousin!! Enjoy your alone time with your sweet girl. It is so precious!

Becky H said...

She is beautiful and truly a blessing!! Can't wait to meet her! Let us know if you need anything!!!

John and Christy said...

OMG! That's what I get for not checking my blogs for a while - I totally missed meeting Kenna! She is so beautiful!! I know you're just thrilled to finally get to be home with her. Congrats! It doesn't seem like any time has gone by since you announced that you were expecting.