Thursday, April 24, 2008

Long Overdue!

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted....I can't believe how fast time has already gone! Kenna is changing (and growing) daily so I guess I need to catch everybody up!!

On Tuesday, we went to the pedi for Kenna's two week check. She weighed 6 lbs 7 oz at birth but was only 5.14 when we left the hospital. She is now up to 6.10!! She is definitely growing in length as well. She has grown 1.25 inches since she was born...from 17.25 to 18.5 inches. I made the lady remeasure because I couldn't believe that she had already grown over an inch! I should have known though....one of the preemie footed pajamas that she has been wearing had to be 'retired' because the legs were getting too short...already! It will be fun for her to get into real newborn clothes...we have such cute stuff that is still too big. My family made a quick Babies-r-us run for us before we left the hospital to get some preemie stuff for our 'little' girl so we have been well taken care of, but I want to see her in all the other outfits we have! Daniel and I were talking this morning about how she looks like she is getting a little belly! Her cheeks, which have gotten smaller since she was born, have started to fill out again as well. I don't have any pictures from today (yet) but I will try to get some updated (close-up) pics of our growing little girl.

Yesterday, Kenna went to work! I love the ladies that I work with and they have all been anxious to meet Kenna so we made a quick trip up to the office during lunch. Kenna did great and didn't seem to mind being passed around for an hour. I think that most people were surprised about how tiny she really is. She looks bigger in the pictures than she is in person. I hadn't really planned on going to the office yesterday (I was just going to go to my doc appt), so she didn't have a bow in her hair (sorry Mom) but I will definitely fix that next time! Here are some pics of her visiting.



Kenna is definitely loving her daddy. I LOVE watching them together. Daniel took a picture of me sleeping last week, so it was my turn to take a picture of him...don't they look peaceful!! (You can see how small she is in the first picture).




Some of Dan's brothers were over last night to play ping-pong so we made Josh take a turn holding Kenna. Nathan and Joel had come to see her at the hospital, but this was her first time to oficially meet Uncle Josh.



I will post some better pics of Kenna soon....

3 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Still can't believe all that hair! Can't wait till I get to meet her.

Ouida said...

I'm looking forward to holding her again too!

Unknown said...

She is a little tiny thing but I'm glad she's filling out like she's supposed to! So sweet! I'll bet that was fun showing her off at work.