Sunday, October 19, 2008

Baby Food and High Chairs

Is it possible that my daughter does not like fruit?

Kenna has always LOVED to eat. She has not had a problem with breast milk, formula, or the switch between the two. She enjoyed her rice cereal and absolutely downs oatmeal. She gets so excited about her breakfast of oatmeal and a bottle!

She was not exactly thrilled with peas, but has eaten sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, and green beans without any problems.

But she does not seem to enjoy fruit. We have tried bananas, applesauce, and pears and she just makes horrible faces and gags with all of them. Oh well, I guess we will just keep trying. Maybe she will learn to like them eventually. :) (update: she had a whole tub of applesauce today at Miss Cindy's)

On another note, Miss K used her high chair for the first time today and absolutely loved it. We have been feeding her in the bumbo sitting on the table, which worked really well, because she is a little on the small side. Recently though, she has started to try and arch her back out of the seat so that she can see what is going on and has seemed to grow a lot. We decided that today was the day we would try the high chair. She thought it was great! I think she still looks so little in it though.



I can't believe my baby is over six months old! (She goes for her well check on Wed so I will let you know how much she has grown.)

7 comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

She looks so cute in her high chair! I'll bet she will start liking fruits sooner or later! JD hated apple/pear sauce the first few months we tried it. Then it became a favorite! Who knows??

Kristi said...

Pretty soon she will be heading to her first homecoming! It goes by so, so fast!

Lindsay said...

She does look so little but so adorable. Don't worry about the fruit - she will come around. Veggies are the tough one. I still can't get Kimbo on the veggies. I have her on the Veggie juice plus right now. I know she will come around though. I will not give up. Just never ever give up. Kimber ate a whole plate of Broccoli 2 weeks ago. It is all about persistence.

Leslye said...

She looks so cute in her high chair! What a big girl!

Abbe said...

She does look tiny in her high chair. We had to move out of the bumbo for the same reason, I got nervous Avery was going to flip himself out backwards.

Unknown said...

She looks so tiny! I agree, just keep trying the fruit, she'll figure out it's not so bad.

Anonymous said...

Tips on selecting a safe, comfortable and decorative Baby High Chairs from spacify.